Morne Blanc Nature Trail, Seychelles
There are many nature trails in Seychelles. The information about these trails is availavle on various blogs and on government websites. This particular trail, Morne Blanc is quiet easy one. It is a well-marked trail. It takes about 1 hour 30 minutes to complete it. The detailed information is displayed on a board at the start of the trail.
It goes thru a thick forest and there is no exposure to direct sun. It is important to start the trail, as early in the day as possible. The climate plays its role too here. If it starts raining, then it might be difficult to reach the top.
Once you reach the top, the views of various beaches are just breath taking. The turquoise blue waters of Seychelles sea are so inviting, that after the trail, we reached for one of those lovely beaches.
On the trail, there are no water streams, hence it is necessary to carry enough water and food supplies.
1) On the way
2) On the way, I saw many fruiting trees. but was not sure if they are edible. In such a case, it is always advisable to seek advice from local people. ( Which I did finally.)
3) The sunrise.. but we should have started earlier !
4) This is the highest peak in Seychelles, and local people visit it on Good Friday.
7) This is another peak !
10) This is a tea factory. There are few tea estates in Seychelles.
12) The information display at the start of the trail.
15) A beautiful fern !
17) Bayleaf tree ( this tree grows wild here.)
26) En route the trail, I found some coffee bushes too, this is coffee leaf.
28) Jackfruit !!
34) The various beaches as seen from the top !
42) The 70s look !!
46) So we rushed to one of the beach !
48) The 60s look !
53) A beautiful display of edible local fruits.
54) Wild Mangosteen, which I picked from the seller.