IngredientsWhat you need :
- 1) 1 cup semolina,
- 2) 1 tablespoon rice flour,
- 3) 1 onion,
- 4) 2 green chilies, finely chopped,
- 5) 2 tablespoon fresh coconut, coarsely ground,
- 6) 1 tablespoon sugar,
- 7) Salt to taste,
- 8) ½ cup finely chopped, fresh coriander,
- 9) 1 tablespoon curds,
- 10) Oil as required.
To make Dhoddak
- 1) Grate the onion (This change is suggested by me, as it gives better taste. In original version, it is finely chopped. )
- 2) Mix all ingredients, except oil, in a bow. Mix well just to bind them together, do not overdo it. You may add 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, if you prefer. (I have. )
- 3) If the mixture is too dry, sprinkle some water and divide it into 2 to 3 portions.
- 4) Flatten one portion on tawa kept on medium heat. Drop some oil around and cook till it turns golden on both the sides.
- 5) Enjoy with cup of tea.