- 1) Half kilo red pumpkin,
- 2) 2 cups maida,
- 3) 1 teaspoon instant yeast,
- 4) 1 tablespoon sugar,
- 5) Salt to taste,
- 6) Oil, as required.
- 7) Poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
- 1) Steam the red pumpkin, mash and drain as much water as possible by squeezing it.
- 2) Mix together pumpkin pulp, maida, sugar and yeast. Make a tight dough as we make for puris. Apply some oil and keep it covered for 45 minutes.
- 3) The dough will loosen up after this proving ( It will not double in size.)
- 4) Knead it again and divide into 6 to 8 portions.
- 5) Roll them in desired shapes, without applying much pressure.
- 6) Sprinkle with some sesame or poppy seeds, and roast on medium flame, till then turn golden on both the sides. Apply little oil, while roasting.With this much quantity of sugar, they will be moderately sweet. If you prefer more sweet, you may top them with honey or maple syrup while eating.