1) 4 Ripe mangoes ( any variety.)
2) ½ ripe pineapple or 1 tin of pineapple chunks,
3) Jackfruit flesh, 10 to 12 pieces.
4) ½ coconut, scrapped.
5) 1 tablespoon coriander seeds,
6) two to three dry red chilies,
7) Salt to taste.
8) 1 tablespoon oil,
9) ½ teaspoon mustard seeds,
10) Sugar, if required.
- 1) If using fresh pineapple, peel and cut into chunks.
- 2) Remove the seeds from jackfruit flesh, and cut into strips, if preferred.
- 3) Peel the mangoes, but keep intact.
- 4) Slightly roast the coriander seeds and red chilies.
- 5) Grind together the coriander seeds, red chilies and coconut to a fine paste.
- 6) Heat the oil in pan and add the mustard seeds, let them crackle.
- 7) Add pineapple pieces and stir.
- 8) Add jackfruit flesh and add two cups water and let the fruits cook.
- 9) Then add the coconut paste and then the peeled mangoes.
- 10) Heat thoroughly but do not boil too much. Add salt to taste and sugar if needed.
- 11) Eat with rice or roti.
As said earlier, the combination tastes awesome. Keep the salt and chili at minimum and let the taste of these fruits remain intact..