The ingredients are :-
– 1) 4 slices of bread, edges trimmed. ( whole bread preferred ),
– 2) 1 tablespoon jam or marmalade of your choice,
– 3) 1 tablespoon butter,
– 4) 1 red apple,
– 5) 1 teaspoon sugar,
– 6) 2 tablespoon milk powder,
– 7) Fresh and dry fruits of your choice, to accompany.
– 1) Heat a flat griddle and dry roast the bread slices, till the turn golden.
– 2) Meanwhile take the jam or marmalade in bowl and pour ½ cup boiling water over it.
– 3) Add the butter to it and mix well, till both of the ingredients melt.
– 4) While the bread slices are still on griddle, pour this mixture evenly on the slices. Let the slices absorb the liquid. ( Do not turn the slices ). Then turn off the flame.
– 5) Core and grate the apple. Add the sugar to it.
– 6) Cook on low flame, till the apple is cooked and sugar dissolved. Add the milk powder to it and mix well.
– 7) Remove from fire and when it is slightly cooled, blend to a smooth paste. This is apple rubaDee.
– 8) Cut the slices in desired shapes and arrange them on a plate. Top the bread pieces with apple rubaDee. Top with chopped dry fruits and fresh fruits. ( I have used, almonds, wolf berries and avocado ).
This can be eaten warm or chilled. Both ways, it tastes great.