- 1 cup unsalted, shelled pistachio nuts,
- 50 grams makhana (puffed lotus seeds),
- 2 Tablespoon powdered sugar (or as per taste),
- ½ cup milk with cream,
- 1 tablespoon ghee.
- 1) In a pan heat 1 teaspoon ghee and roast the makhana on low flame, till they crush easily, when pressed (about 5 minutes.)
- 2) Remove them from the pan and add the pistachios and roast till they become crisp.
- 3) Warm the milk.
- 4) In the large jar of food processor crush the makhana to fine powder.
- 5) Add the nuts to same jar and powder them also.
- 6) Add the sugar and mix well.
- 7) Now add the milk spoon by spoon and run the processor, using the incher switch.
- 8) Stop adding milk, as soon as the mixture comes together and forms a ball.
- 9) Remove into a plate and knead lightly. The ball should be smooth and should bind together without any cracks. Add little more milk, if needed.
- 10) Spread the mixture in a greased plate and smoothen the surface. The thickness should be about 5 millimetres.
- 11) Cut diamond shapes with sharp knife (but do not separate them yet) and keep the plate in refrigerator.
- 12) After half an hour the pieces can be removed easily.