Ingredients are :
- 1) 2 cups fine semolina,
- 2) ½ cup fresh coconut ( finely scrapped),
- 3) 1 cup dried fruits,
- 4) 2 tablespoons rose petals,
- 5) 1 ½ cup sugar,
- 6) If rose petals are not available then pinch of cardamom powder or saffron,
- 7) 2 tablespoon ghee,
To procced :
- – 1) If the fruit pieces are bigger, then cut them into small pieces,
- – 2) Crush the rose petals with little sugar,
- – 3) Roast the semolina by adding 1 tablespoon ghee, on low flame. Do not let it change color. Add coconut and roast again, till the mixture feels easy on hands.
- – 4) Remove from fire and mix the dry fruits and rose petals to it.
- – 5) Add ¼ cup water to sugar and keep on low flame. If you are using cardamom or saffron, add to it. When the sugar dissolves and the syrup starts boiling, put off the flame and add the semolina mixture, and mix well. Remove from fire.
- – 6) Let the mixture sit for some time and then start rolling the ladu by applying little ghee on your palms. If the mixture is too dry, sprinkle some hot milk on it.
The ladus will be soft.