IngredientsWhat you need –
- 1) 250 grams Ivy guard, (Tendli),
- 2) 12 to 15 garlic pods ( peeled ),
- 3) 4 to 5 red dry chilies,
- 4) Salt to taste,
- 5) 1 teaspoon cumin seeds,
- 6) ½ cup coconut powder,
- 7) ½ teaspoon asafetida,
- 8) Oil as required, ( 2 tablespoon should be enough),
- 9) ½ cup cashew nuts ( optional ).
How to proceed :
- 1) The most important step in this preparation is to beat or hammer the ivy You need to hammer them with a heavy stone or hammer. ( Take care that they don’t fly away and you don’t hurt yourself. You may do this by laying them on a piece of cloth.)
- 2) Beat the garlic pods in the same way and break the chilies in pieces,
- 3) Heat the oil and add cumin seeds and asafetida.
- 4) Add the broken red chillies and beaten garlic pods, ( if using cashew nuts, add them now.)
- 5) Then add the hammered ivy guards and fry for 2 minutes.
- 6) Cover and let them cook on very low flame.
- 7) Check that they are not sticking to the bottom, you may sprinkle some water but as far as possible avoid use of water. ( Reduce the flame and keep turning if ) It may take 7 to 8 minutes.
- 8) Then add the salt and coconut and mix well.