The ingredients are :-
- 1) 1 bunch / 500 grams spinach, cleaned and roughly chopped,
- 2) 1 cup sweet corn,
- 3) 1 medium sized onion, cut lengthwise,
- 4) 1 small potato, cubed,
- 5) 3 to 4 green chilies,
- 6) 2 red chilies,
- 7) 1 cup full cream milk,
- 8) 2 tablespoon oil,
- 9) 2 tablespoon butter,
- 10) ½ teaspoon cinnamon powder,
- 11) Salt to taste.
To make palak makaee,
- 1) Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a pan and add the green chilies and spinach, sauté till the spinach in wilted, (do not cover the pan), keep aside to cool.
- 2) In another pan heat the oil and add remaining butter.
- 3) Fry the red chilies and remove.
- 4) Add the chopped onion and fry till golden, remove.
- 5) Add the potato cubes, fry till golden and remove.
- 6) Add the sweet corn and let them cook,
- 7) Puree the spinach, half of the fried onion; potato cubes by adding milk to it.
- 8) Add this puree to the corn, add salt and cinnamon powder. Mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 9) Add the remaining fried onion and red chilies while eating.You can enjoy this dish with any type of roti.