- 1) 1 cup unsalted cashew nuts,
- 2) 1 tablespoon rice,
- 3) 1 tablespoon grated coconut, (take only the white portion )
- 4) 1 tablespoon sugar (more or less, as per choice),
- 5) Few strands of saffron or pinch of nutmeg,
- 6) 1 teaspoon Agar Agar (optional),
- 7) Little ghee to grease the mould.
To make Kharwas
- 1) Soak the cashew nuts and rice in water and drain.
- 2) Grind together the nuts, rice, coconut and Agar Agar (if using) to a fine paste. Use very little water.
- 3) Add sugar as per taste,
- 4) Add little water to adjust the consistency. It should be like dosa batter.
- 5) Take a mould with tight lid and grease it with little ghee.
- 6) Pour the mixture in it and steam it for 20 minutes. ( I have used a special pudding mould with a tight lid. This design prevents water from entering inside.)
- 7) Cut into cubes, when it has cooled down completely.
Agar Agar is available in market in strands form or powder form. It is vegetarian. If you are not using it, the batter should be little thick.