What you need ..
- 1) 1 ½ cup buckwheat flour ( or any other flour, listed above ),
- 2) 1 ½ cup whole wheat flour,
- 3) Salt to taste
- 4) Oil or Ghee ( clarified butter )
To make these rotis,
- 1) Add little oil or ghee and salt to whole wheat flour and knead a soft dough, by adding water, cover and keep aside.
- 2) Boil 1 ¾ cup water in a pan and add salt and little oil or ghee in it.
- 3) Add the buckwheat flour slowly and mix very well.
- 4) Cover the pan and keep on low heat for 2 minutes.
- 5) Remove from fire and take out in a plate.
- 6) When it is cool enough to handle, knead to a soft dough by adding little water.
- 7) Knead the whole wheat dough again and make sure that both these dough have same consistency.
- 8) Make 6 to 8 balls, each of both these dough.
- 9) Take one ball of whole wheat flour and flatten it a little, place one ball of buckwheat dough on it and cover it with whole wheat dough, by pulling the sides up ( as seen in the photo.)
- 10) Repeat for each ball.
- 11) Roll out a thin or thick roti, as desired from these balls. ( It is very easy to roll these rotis.)
- 12) Roast on a hot griddle by applying little ghee or oil, on both the sides.
- 13) These rotis should puff up, while roasting.
- Enjoy with any curry of choice.