1) 1 cup udad dal ( without skin )
- 2) ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3) 4 to 5 green chilies
- 4) 1 inch ginger
- 5) 4/5 garlic pods
- 6) ½ cup chopped fresh coriander
- 7) 1 tablespoon ghee ( clarified butter )
- 8) 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 9) ½ teaspoon asafetida
- 10) Salt to taste
1) Dry roast the udad dal till it turns pink in colour
2) Remove from fire and soak it in water for 30 minutes.
3) Add turmeric to it and cook till it turns soft. ( You may use pressure cooker and cook it for 3 minutes under pressure, but if you could cook it
Without pressure cooker, it taste better. In pressure cooker it becomes little mushy.)
4) Grind together Chilies, ginger, garlic and coriander.
5) Heat ghee in a separate pan and add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
6) Then fry the chili ginger paste, in it.
7) Then add the cooked urad dal and salt, boil for 3 to 4 minutes
Enjoy with bhakari and some curds.